It's not that simple to identify the ideal scan speed of your scanning system. Most scan speeds are given according to the ILDA specifications, but they only apply to a scan angle of 8°. But most show lasers have a much wider scan angle, up to 60-80°. Unfortunately the scan speed doesn't decrease linear to the scan angle.
There are different approaches to identify the correct scan speed of your laser light - we recommend the following:
- Set the scan speed of your show laser with the Laserworld Showeditor to 50% (of the value specified in the laser display manual).
- Select either the test figure 11Ilda12K.bin or 12Ilda30K.bin and project it with your show laser onto a wall or a screen.
- The selected figure should be displayed very well. Listen to the sound of the scanning system and remember how it sounds.
- Increase the scan speed with the software in 1 kpps steps (1000 pps).
- At first the image and the scanner sound should more or less stay the same.
- Repeat step 4 until
- The projected image becomes distorted and the sound of the scanning system is much louder than before.
- At this point you are above the perfect scan speed, so reduce the speed by 1 kpps and you will get the optimal setting.